Happy Friday and national donut day! This last Christmas my mom made the yummiest gluten free donuts ever and I’m sharing the recipe with you. I promise you that this recipe will not disappoint. On another note, ONEHOPE just released their Pinot Grigio where proceeds go to help shelter animals find a forever home (for all you animal lovers out there), this wine gives off notes of yellow mango and passionfruit. Enjoy a bottle for dessert with your chai spiced donuts. I just put an order in for my very own bottle to try and if it’s anything like their other wines, then I’m sure I will love it. Another blog post is coming your way next week. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for following.
Enjoy, cheers, and keep life sweet!
1 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2/3 cups gluten free chai tea concentrate
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. preheat oven to 400F. Spray donut pan liberally with nonstick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder and cardamom. Add the chai tea concentrate, melted butter and eggs. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour the batter into each donut well until almost level with the top
4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the donut springs back when gently pushed with your finger.
5. Let cool for 5 min. then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat the steps with any leftover batter.
6. Serve with chai glaze.
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons gluten free chai tea concentrate
1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips melted
1. place the powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add the chai tea concentrate and mix quickly with a stiff spatula or wooden spoon.
2. dip each donut into glaze, letting the excess run back into bowl.
3. drizzle each donut with the melted chocolate.